Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Son of the Son of the Wolf Man

Title:  Tim and Eric’s Billion Dollar Movie
Actors/Director/Anything Worth Mentioning Right Away:  Tim and Eric, obviously, and then everyone from Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly to Jeff Goldblum and Will Forte. 
Introduction:  Upon moving from Houston, Texas back to Connecticut, I found myself staying at my sister-in-law’s house.   Here, there is a Wii and with that comes Netflix as well.   So while I’m technically not paying for the following movies- which I will refer to as my “Free Netflix Series”- someone is. 
Location:  All around a single town, but also primarily just inside a mall.  So it’s tricky.
Plot:  Tim and Eric receive a billion dollars to make a movie and then they blow it by making a relatively short, terrible movie with a Johnny Depp impersonator in it.   They spent all of their money getting douched out in Hollywood, so they have no real choice other than to try some miracle way to get the money back or be killed by the men that gave it to them.   Their solution:  To run a failing mall.
                This movie has a lot of little pieces in it that I won’t describe in full (Just watch the movie yourself), but I will tell you that it features John C. Reilly as one of the strangest characters I’ve ever seen.  In many ways, just seeing his character is worth it, although there are still many other fascinating developments throughout the film. 
Acting:  Even Chef Goldblum shines in this movie.
Production:  This is brought to us by the good people at Magnet and had a limited theater release.  I really enjoyed a lot of Magnet movies at one point (Hobo With a Shotgun, Rubber, 13 Assassins) and then I started feeling like they went downhill a little bit (Okay, so maybe Trollhunter wasn’t that bad after all).   But this is my new Magnet revolution.   Are you ready for it?
Sex/Nudity:  I feel like I got distracted during the only sex scene in this movie, but I’d have to watch it again to be certain.
Special Effects:  Just like their show, this movie gets CA-RAY-ZEEE!
Overall Verdict:  The bottom line with this movie is that it’s funny, but it’s also very strange in only the way that Tim and Eric can provide.   If you enjoyed their show, you will enjoy this movie.   If you hated their show, then fuck you.

No comments:

Post a Comment