Thursday, September 5, 2013

The Stranger [Movie Review]

                This is one of the first movies I remember Steve Austin starring in after “The Condemned” and I really like “The Condemned”.   “The Stranger”, which is not based on the novel by Albert Camus, is a movie that will look good on Steve Austin’s acting resume, for experience purposes, but everyone else involved in it should be ashamed.

                In this sorted tale, Steve Austin’s character has lost his memory and the movie is spent trying to get it back and solve some sort of other plot problem.   It doesn’t really matter and the details are boring because you’ve likely seen this movie in other forms already.


                The best part of this movie is that I feel like this amnesia angle has been done before not only in movies but also on television.   That just makes this movie feel that much more dragged out.

                Do I like Stone Cold Steven Austin?  Sure.  Do I think he played his role well in this movie?  Sure.  Was the plot and writing not even mediocre?  Absolutely.


                Ahh, my memory just came rushing back to me as well.   The amnesia angle has been played before on the show “Monk”.   So I’d say just watch that show unless you’re a really huge Stone Cold fan in the sense that you must watch everything he has ever been in.

No comments:

Post a Comment